Sediment Dewatering Bags
Our Dewatering Sediment Bags are designed to filter sediment, silt, and sludges, on site and broadly in field operation.
This is done by discharging water while containing the suspended solids inside of an on-site, small, medium or large sized footprint, dewatering bag.
- Dewatering bags use inward pressure to provide enclosed dewatering without the need of a support container.
- Sediment Dewatering Bags are designed to filter sediment, silt, and sludges by discharging water while containing the suspended solids inside of an on-site, small footprint, dewatering bag.
Geosynthetics and Textiles are the generic classification of all synthetic materials used in geotechnical engineering applications. This includes nonwoven and woven geotextiles, cellular confinement (geocells), geogrids, geomembranes and geocomposites.
This covers a large number of products! These products are in the nonwoven, woven stabilization, woven monofilament and base stabilization geogrid categories
We can custom manufacture and configure a sediment, silt and sludge dewatering bag solution according to your specific requirement. The volume per bag will depend on what is being dewatered.
SEDIMENT BAG FEATURES
- Dewaters without a container
- Provides waste volume reduction
- Utilizes internal pressure to dewater
- Assists in cleaning contaminants from water
- Enables dewatering for hard to access areas
- Accommodates up to 8″ diameter hose
- Contains solids for disposal
- Stock and custom sizes available
Gravity Based Geotextile Sediment Bag Filters
Sediment Filter Bags are well suited for construction site dewatering and are puncture and tear resistant. Made of medium weight, non woven, needle punched, polypropylene geotextile.
180 Micron Standard Bags are 15′ x 15′ and 15′ x 10′ designed for use with up to 4 inch discharge hose.
- Ideal for Site Dewatering
- Replaces Sedimentation Basins
- Puncture and Tear Resistant
80-100 Micron Standard bags for 8 inch discharge hose.
- Model Nbr: CIU-SBP-15×30-6oz: 15′ W x 30′ L 6 oz. Sediment Bag – 4′ Long Corner Fill Spout to Accommodate an 8″ Diameter Hose
- Model Nbr: CIU-SBP-15×15-6oz: 7.5′ W’ x 15′ L 6 oz. Sediment Bag – 4′ Long Corner Fill Spout to Accommodate an 8″ Diameter Hose
- Model Nbr: CIU-SBP-7.5×20-6oz: 7.5′ W x 20′ L 6 oz. Sediment Bag – 4′ Long Corner Fill Spout to Accommodate an 8″ Diameter Hose
- Model Nbr: CIU-SBP-6×15-6oz: 6′ W x 15′ L 6 oz. Sediment Bag – 4′ Long Corner Fill Spout to Accommodate an 8″ Diameter Hose
- Model Nbr: CIU-SBP-6×10-6oz: 6′ W x 15′ L 6 oz. Sediment Bag – 4′ Long Corner Fill Spout to Accommodate an 8″ Diameter Hose
Custom fabrication is available for special projects requirements.
Reusable dewatering bag for large jobs
The convenience of disposable/one-use bags can make dewatering operations nice and easy. Or at least as nice and easy as dewatering gets. But for large jobs or those on a tight budget, a reusable dewatering bag may be the better solution.
The reusable model Dewatering Bag uses a heavy-duty geotextile material that is built to last and withstand multiple uses. Steel locking rods keep the bag securely closed during dewatering but are quickly removed after operations are complete so collected silt, sediment, dirt, and debris can be easily disposed of and the next round of dewatering can begin.
Connect and disconnect Hoses To Dewatering Bags Quickly and Easily
- Screws on to the end of discharge hoses to make connections (and disconnections) quick and easy – no more zip ties, wire, rope or strapping to hassle with.
- Included quick-release hose clamp quickly secures dewatering bag.
- PVC construction will not rust or corrode
- Size: For 4″ Hoses
Is there a way to maximize flow through the bag?
The total flow rate through the Dewatering Bag can be maximized by getting it off the ground. While water will flow through a Dewatering Bag laying flat on the ground, it will be impeded by the solid/saturated soil it is on. By placing the bag on large aggregate or on hay bales, the water will be less restricted as it flows through the bottom layer of geotextile fabric
What is the flow rate? The maximum flow rate when new, is approximately 500 gallons/min. For more information, check out our specifications.
What should I do with the bag when it’s full or I’m done dewatering?
When the Dewatering Bag is full, it should be disposed of as directed by the site engineer and in accordance with any local regulations and requirements. Often times, it can simply be cut open and the contents dispersed.
I need a Dewatering Bag in a size that is not listed. Can you make that for me?
Yes, we can do custom sizes (and shapes). Please contact us for a quote.
How do I secure the Dewatering Bag to the discharge hose?
If your flow rate is not too high, you can use the attached straps to tie off the bag to the hose. If water is being discharged at a higher flow rate, a hose clamp may be required (not included). You can also use our optional Hose Connector to make the connection quick and easy.
40 CFR 122.26