Keys To Selecting Bulk Bags | FIBC’s
Standard and Custom Bulk Bags are among our specialties. We’ll ask a lot of questions to be certain we understand your specific application.
Key Questions Regarding Bulk Bags:
- What is the material going into the Bulk Bag: So we’ll know the general parameters for the FIBC.
- What is the Bulk Density of the material: Lbs.per cubic foot to right size the bag and match to safety factors. (quiksearch: Web search for Bulk Density Material Chart, many are available)
- Is this material Hazardous. Reference link to Code of Federal Regulations (Title 49 CFR Parts 100-185)
- Particle Size: Fine Medium or Coarse.
- Market Segment (Food, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, etc)
- Moisture Percentage:
- Special Barrier Required: (i.e. hydroscopic?)
- Characteristics: (free flowing, bridging, static build up)
- Monthly Volume to be Shipped:
- How is the Product Currently Packaged:
- FIBC Options: =Coated or Uncoated fabric, Fabric weight to meet safety factor:
FIBC Design | Filling
- Batch Size:________________________Desired Weight Per FIBC:___________
- Filling Method: (i.e.conveyor, gravity, Bulk Bag filler)
- Details on Area Where FIBC will be Filled (ceiling clearance, dusty, static concerns)
- Automated FIBC Filling Equipment Desired:
- Fork Lift Maximum Load at Filler:
- How is the Product Currently Filled:
- Sizing Restrictions | Constraints:
- FIBC Filling Options: Open Top, Spout Top (Spout Dimensions: i.e.14″ dia. x 18″ long), Duffle Top, Conical Top.
FIBC Design | Discharging
- Batch Size at Discharger: Controlled discharge desired:________
- Discharge Method (i.e. gravity, screw, conveyor, bottom cut, full dump):
- Details on area where FIBC will be Discharged (clearance, manual, etc)
- Fork Lift Maximum Load at Discharger:
- How is the Product Currently Discharged:
- FIBC Discharge Options: Flat Bottom, Spout Bottom (Spout Dimensions: i.e. 14″ dia. x 18″ long)
FIBC Handling | Storage | Shipping
- Top Lift Feature: 4 Point Lift, Single Point Lift, Cross Corner Loops.
- Transporting: Slip Sheet, 4 Way Pallet, 2 FIBCs | Pallet
- Shipping Distance: Inter-plant, Overseas, Cross Country.
- Shipping Method: Rail, Flat Bed Truck, Other.
- Racking System: Yes, No………..if Yes,Racking Dimensions:
- FIBC Options: Self Standing Loops, Secondary Loops, Pallet Free Standing, or other.
FIBC Options | Inner Lining
- Will Coated Fabric be Sufficient: Yes, No.
- Liners Styles: Form Fit, Straight Tube.
- Liner Inserting: Tabbed, Loose, Glued, Sewn in Wings.
- Liner Film: Barrier: (Oxygen, Moisture, UV,Conductive__________
- FIBC Options: Sift Proof Seams, Coated, Uncoated, Breathable Fabric, or other.
- Printing: 1 Side, 2 Sided, Black and white, or Color.
- Labeling | Product Identification: Full Details.
- Colored Fabric:
- Pallet Preference:
- Cross Contamination Concerns:
- Other Special Considerations: (i.e. Metal detection, FDA approved materials, etc)
Complete Bulk Bags Details